Doing Good in the Hood
From our values to our packaging we aren't like other companies. In addition to outfitting babies with pride, we believe in creating the societal infrastructure necessary to ensure they thrive!
Ojala Threads is a proud partner of Shopping Gives, letting you give back 1% from every purchase to organizations making a difference in the South Bronx.
Purchase your favorite items from Ojala.
Pick an organization making a difference in the South Bronx!
We'll donate 1% of your purchase to the organization you selected!
We have chosen to support the following organizations due to the impact their work has on our community:
- Bronx Children’s Museum seeks to inspire children, along with their families and caregivers, to learn about themselves within the richness and diversity of their surroundings and beyond, and to become stewards of the planet. Currently a “museum without walls,” BxCM serves almost 18,000 Bronx residents annually.
- Bronx Defenders is a public defender nonprofit that is radically transforming how low-income people in the Bronx are represented in the justice system and, in doing so, is transforming the system itself.
- Bronx River Alliance serves as a coordinated voice for the river and works in harmonious partnership to protect, improve and restore the Bronx River corridor so that it can be a healthy ecological, recreational, educational and economic resource for the communities through which the river flows.
- Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to our homebound elderly New Yorkers.
- Riders Alliance fights for reliable, affordable, world-class public transit in order to build a more just and sustainable New York.
- Urban Justice Center serves tens of thousands of people a year, on critical issues ranging from homelessness, to discrimination, to seeking asylum, to escaping intimate partner violence.
Locally we advocate for policy reform in the areas of public transportation, criminal justice reform and public housing. Our efforts contributed to the adoption of half price Metrocards, and the closure of Rikers Island by 2026. We also hold community teach ins on a variety of social justice topics! To stay informed sign up for our newsletter!
Our contributions to our local community, and economy, earned us the Minority Owned Business Award for 2020 from the U.S. Small Business Administration New York District Office.